evan, lindsay, nina, elena and esther

a blog about a family with members who's names include Elena, Esther, Evan, Lindsay and Nina (in alphabetic order).

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

 

Too Yeers

I met Lindsay about three years ago, in the summer of ‘06. It’s weird to say that because it seems like a long time and a short time at the same time.

I can’t tell you how great this woman is. She is such a doer. I’ve watched her face so many challenges that were completely foreign to her and then conquer with such ease. More important to note, however, is how humble she is as she does so much good.

In her goodie bag of accomplishments, we find her internship to Ethiopia, she is an incredible cook (doubly impressive when you learn how new she is to the art), a Mission among the Spanish speaking people of Utah Valley, an ever expanding ability with some really great crafty stuff (have you seen her stamps? awesome), being the wonderful and supportive wife of an art student/perfectionist (that’s me!) and and so much more. Still of all the changes I’ve seen Lindsay pass through, the most impressive is her motherness (is that a word?).

Nina is super blessed. And I am blessed to get to watch this really great parent. Before Nina was born, Lindsay would sometimes express her fear that she wouldn’t be a good mother. I never doubted her ability, but I also had no idea how great she would be at it. Seriously.. she is a good mom... GOOD! She keeps on taking on new challenges and becoming more and more dynamic and amazing. I am so lucky to be able to witness her grace from day to day.

I am sometimes a little less expressive that I ought to be, and I know that I don’t thank her enough for being such an amazing friend. Lindsay really does know me more than anyone. And she really is my best friend. I married up for sure.

Today is our two-year anniversary. Two years!! That,s as long as my mission. Up until now, my mission was the best two years of my life. Now this past 2 takes the cake. the best part? Unlike a mission, which ends, this will never end. I love Lindsay so much. Happy anniversary lindsay!

Oh yeah.. Nina is 6 months today! (big day, I know)

Labels:


Comments:
Happy anniversary! And I agree 100% about everything said about Lindsay. She is one really incredible woman! That's so fun that I was there when it all began. Awww. :)
 
Happy Anniversary. Lindsay is definitely great.
 
This was a very sweet post, Evan... you guys are both great people. I'm so grateful for your friendship, kindness, and continued support! Happy Anniversary! :)
 
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I can't believe 2 years ago we were there at your wedding, celebrating this wonderful occasion! Thanks again for inviting us to be part of your sealing. I'm glad that we have been able to be friends and that hopefully we will continue that way!! We are kindred spirits..lol. ;O)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2007   April 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   March 2011   May 2011   June 2011   July 2011   August 2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]