evan, lindsay, nina, elena and esther

a blog about a family with members who's names include Elena, Esther, Evan, Lindsay and Nina (in alphabetic order).

Thursday, March 18, 2010

 

It's a

GIRL!!!


We saw her yawn! Can you believe it? This is the view from under her chin looking up.

This is one foot of her tiny just under a pound 12 inch body

Shortly after leaving the doctor's office with the news of our new baby girl, I sent out a text message. I wanted it to be suspenseful. So I just sent "It's a !" out. When people were begging for it I was going to follow it up with "it's a girl!" (jk that's a bit dramatic and cruel, and we're really not on begging terms with people) But when I didn't get anywhere near the expected reaction, if any reaction, I realized Evan must have foiled my plan and already informed everyone. haha So much for suspense. That is, except for US! This was exciting!!! Not to mention, it was AWESOME to be in and out of an appointment in under one hour (I switched prego doctors back to the midwives who delivered Nina. The doctor I've been visiting the last 3 months asks for just too much of your time. Our last visit there was 2.5 hours, 90% waiting)

We were at the ultrasound appointment at 9 this morning. As soon as the reader was scanning my tummy and the screen was up, Nina was glued to the screen! Although she couldn't possibly understand what all this meant, it FELT like she did by her reaction. When we told her that's a baby (on the screen) and then to add to her confusion pointed to my stomach, she just got wide eyed and stared more animated than ever at the screen. That made it really fun for us, to have another person there with Evan and I to see how this family is growing.

The nurse took shot after shot to document little fetus essentials. One of the first things we saw was the sole of her foot. Around image 15 we actually saw her yawning, very very very cute! Great measurements, perfect heartbeat. Still by the 20th or so image the nurse hadn't told us what 'she' was - boy or girl. She even said "I THINK I know what this baby is but I don't want to lead you on and upset you if I'm wrong". Upset us?! I told the nurse I'd rather be in on the suspense and later find out she was wrong. Her being wrong wouldn't change who this little baby is, only the timing of when we'd find out. She said she suspected it's a girl. The last two or three images confirmed it.

Thus far into the pregnancy we've only struck on one fateful boy name, which we hope to one day use. This little girl will need her own name. We're at a loss. There's still a lot of time till August 1st though. Maybe it'll dawn on us the way Nina's did - I didn't read it in a book, or a magazine, or from movie credits. I was falling asleep one night about 6 months into the pregnancy and suddenly the image of a little girl entered in my mind and I knew her name was Nina. I think we included it in our girl name voter on this blog. Whether that was (it is now) Nina's name or not we didn't yet know, but when Nina arrived, it fit. Chances are we'll find this girl's name some other way. But she is special. She yawned for us! We couldn't be more excited to watch her grow!!

Comments:
Congratulations Lindsay! I am so excited for you and your family! You guys make cute babies!
 
Yay! So exciting for you guys. That's neat that Nina was able to be there with you guys as you watched the ultrasound. What a precious experience! :)

I wish you guys the best in this pregnancy and I know that a name will come to you.
 
Lindsay!!! I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to see the new baby. By the way we will be in Rexburg this weekend. So I'm planning on visiting you guys!! Hope you're not too busy.
 
so so exciting! your little girl #1 is getting so big and here comes #2! i bet that's so fun. i look forward to that.

and girl...shoot. we are like the same person. don't worry--there's a way to fulfill all our hopes and dreams in life while still being a wonderful mother...i have faith in it.
 
So exciting! Congratulations.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2007   April 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   March 2011   May 2011   June 2011   July 2011   August 2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]